Pete Wicks’s Strictly journey ended last night – but fans accused the show of being ‘rigged’ after judge Anton Du Beke appeared to hint at the result before the public vote.
During Saturday night’s semi-final, Du Beke told Wicks: ‘All of the stuff I wanted you to do and hold, you did finally on your last dance of the series.
'You’ve suddenly done it.’ Host Tess Daly responded: ‘He did it’, prompting Du Beke to add: ‘Well, unless you make the final of course.’

The audience reacted audibly and Wicks asked: ‘Do you know something I don’t?’ Du Beke replied: ‘Who can say? It’s up to you [pointing at the public] to decide.’
The Towie star, 36, performed an Argentine tango with Jowita Przystal, 30, to The Verve’s Bittersweet Symphony and a foxtrot to
Bobby Darin’s Beyond The Sea. Head judge Shirley Ballas told Wicks: ‘You remind us what this competition is about, so you give it your all and you don’t give up.’
Yesterday, Wicks was eliminated after losing the dance-off against Love Island star Tasha Ghouri, with all four judges voting to
save her. After Du Beke’s comments, one X user said: ‘I’m convinced now Strictly is rigged.’
Despite the speculation, Wicks took his exit with grace, saying: ‘The past four months I’ve felt more alive than I ever have done. I’ve loved every minute of it.’

And Pete and Longford lass Maura Higgins, 34, will finally be back in each other’s arms after he was given the boot from Strictly.
Former Love Island star Ms Higgins was dumped off I’m A Celebrity last week, which paved the way for the pair to reunite.








